Kayleigh Ng “Bristle Busters”
Represented SLA in the Canada-Wide Science Fair, Winnipeg Manitoba
Alaina Ng “Phast Phalanges”
• Junior Discovery Award
• Gold Medal in the Junior Division
Christian Au “Hit Me with Your Best Shot”
• Bronze medal in the Intermediate Division
Anastasia Joanisse “Colour Psychology”
• 1st – Junior Psychology
• Overall Psychology Award
• Documentation Award
• 2nd in Junior Division
• Health & Wellness Award
• 3rd Best in Show
• Chosen to Represent the St. Lawrence Seaway
at the Canada-wide Science Fair Competition in
Madeleine Joanisse “Apple Cider Vinegar - The New Pink Pill”
• 3rd Place Junior Life Science Anastasia Joanisse “Allergy Alert”
• 1st Place Junior Life Science
• Overall Junior Biology Award
• Documentation Award
Austin Miller “Speed Track”
• 2nd Place Junior Energy
Xavier Schwabe “Lime Time”
• 2nd Place Junior Physical Science Award
Luke Taylor “Music Study”
• 1st Place Junior Psychology Award
Madeleine (and Anastasia) Joanisse
1st Place - Information Award
3rd Place - Junior Discovery
Junior Protection of the environment Award - Erin C.
Wouter Van Stralen Memorial Award - Elizabeth M.
Elementary School Award ($200.00 bursary)
Junior Science Award - 1st -Eamon B. 2nd - Matthew D.
Product Analysis Award - Annika S.
Media Award - Abilgail B.
Professional Engineers of Ontario Award - Eamon B.
Food Science - Matthew D.
Best Of Fair Junior - Eamon B.
Joe Maggio Concept Award - Eamon B.
Move forward to compete Canada Wide - Eamon B. and Matthew D.
Arts and Language
Remembrance Day Poster/Essay/Poetry Contest
2014 – 9 awards, 2 students compete provincially
2015 – 3 students continue to zone, 2 continue on to compete provincially
2016 – 4 students move on to zone
2017 – 6 students move on to zone competition
2018 - 11 awards, 1 student moves on to zone competition
2019 - 14 awards, 5 students move on to zone and district - 1 competing provicially
2020 - 7 students awarded, 7 moving on to compete provincially
Legion and Rotary Club Speech/Essay Competitions
• Zack B. 2nd Place Junior
• Riley S. 3rd Place Primary
• Primary - Elizabeth M. 2nd Place Primary, Sam E.
• Junior - Anastasia J. 1st Place, Madeleine J. 2nd
Place, Finnian B. 3rd Place
• Intermediate - Gabrielle A. 2nd Place
• Primary – Ben M. 1st Place locally, 2nd Place at
• Junior – Elizabeth M. 1st Place locally, 1st place
• Intermediate – Anastasia J. 1st Place locally, 2nd
place at zone, Emma H. 2nd Place, Finnian B. 3rd
1st and 2nd Place in Rotary Club EssayCompetitions
• Junior – Elizabeth M. 1st Place, Ben M. 2nd Place
• Intermediate – 1st Place – Madeleine J.
Spelling Bee Competition
2014 – SLA students compete to the 5th round
2015 – SLA students compete to the 6th round in Junior and win 1st place in Intermediate
2016 – 1st Place Junior Division - Regionals - Finn B.
2019 - 1st Place Junior Division - Regionals - Erin C.
2019 - 2nd Place Canada-wide - Erin C.
Lions Festival Music Competition
2015 – 4 golds in choral, 90% percussion, Lions Shield and star festival performance
2016 – 4 golds in choral and ensemble, 1 silver – primary choir
2017 – Lions Shield
2019 - 3 Silver, 1 gold
2018 - Madeleine Joanisse - Volunteer Centre,Brockville ON